Stained Glass Panel – St. Buadan’s – Culdaff Village
War Memorial 1947 (opus sectile mosaic)
Catherine O’Brien (1881–1963)
Stained glass window by Catherine Amelia “Kitty” O’Brien, a member and director of An Túr Gloine (Irish for “The Glass Tower”) a cooperative studio for stained glass artists that ran from 1903 until 1944.
An Túr Gloine was founded by Sarah Purser a relation of the Young family of Culdaff and on a visit to the Young’s she came across the talents of local artist Willie Doran who she took to Dublin where he worked and trained in An Túr Gloine.
St. Buadan’s – Main Street – Culdaff Village
Church of Ireland church, built 1739 or 1747 and extended in 1828, comprising a two-bay nave and chancel to the east, four-stage\storey tower to the west gable end (added c. 1828) and with single-bay single-storey vestry attached to the north elevation.
Slate sundial on the south elevation, dated 1820.
Set back from road in own grounds to the north side of the centre of Culdaff village. Graveyard to site with collection of mainly nineteenth-century and early twentieth-century gravemarkers of mainly upstanding type; cast-iron and wrought-iron railed enclosures to some grave plots.